The annual teaching seminar "Resonance - Affidea" is a round table that facilitates exchanges between the various specialists in osteoarticular imaging: radiologists, orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologists, rehabilitation specialists, sports doctors and internists, whether they work in hospitals or private practice, in Switzerland or in France. This second seminar will be devoted to the shoulder, which represents the second most frequent reason for consultation in osteoarticular pathology.
During these two days, all the frequent affections of the shoulder will be considered, in particular :
- The clinical presentation and diagnosis of shoulder disorders;
- Tendinopathies of the rotator cuff;
- The different types of mechanical conflicts;
- Assessment of the condition of the rotator cuff muscles and its implications for the outcome of medical and surgical treatment;
- The different types of omarthrosis;
- Shoulder damage in inflammatory rheumatism;
- Diagnosis and treatment of shoulder instabilities;
- Imaging after surgery for injuries to the tendons of the cuff, instability or fitting of prostheses.
The presentations will integrate clinical data and data from all other imaging modalities, including radiography, ultrasound and MRI. They will also be the subject of multidisciplinary discussions.
The seminar will be organised according to specific pedagogical objectives. Structured educational presentations will be given on Friday morning and the same theme will be taken up again in practical workshops in small groups in the afternoon; these workshops will be based on representative cases which will enable us to integrate new knowledge and modify our practices. On Saturday, presentations combining short theoretical lectures and practical cases will illustrate the main facets of each condition. Workshops on a dedicated imaging console, with direct access to the image files of clinical cases, will be organised on Saturday afternoon.
Finally, all the educational and practical presentations will be the subject of a complete collection, published by Sauramps Médical. Participants will receive a copy of this book during the seminar.
Prof. Jean-Denis Laredo
University of Paris
Training credits granted for this seminar (face-to-face and virtual):
- Swiss Society for Orthopaedics and Traumatology: 16 points.
- Swiss Society of Sports Medicine: 9 points.
- Swiss Society of Radiology: 14 points.
- Swiss Society of General Internal Medicine: 13 points.
- Swiss Society of Rheumatology: 12 points.